Luke Bryan Guitar Giveaway Sweepstakes on Twitter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Entrants do not have to purchase any products to enter or win.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and D.C., excluding Puerto Rico, 18 years of age or older as of the day on which they enter. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited, or otherwise restricted by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws.
Luke Bryan Guitar Giveaway Sweepstakes on Twitter (the "Sweepstakes") begins on August 19, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on August 23, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes consists of followers responding to a question tweeted by @VZWDeals. The winner(s) will be randomly selected from all followers that responded to the question. Luke Bryan is sometimes referred to in these Rules as “Artist.”
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrants must do the following:
Follow & Answer Tweet - To participate, Entrants must follow @VZWDeals on Twitter and respond to our prompt by answering the question and tweeting it @VZWDeals. Answers must be provided for the following tweet:
Love @LukeBryanOnline’s new album? Tell us your fav Luke Bryan song & be entered in our @Epiphone guitar! #GuitarGiveaway
To be eligible, the Tweet must be public, the entrant must be following @VZWDeals (to enable direct message winner notification) and the tweet must contain the hashtag #GuitarGiveaway. More than one "answer Tweet" entry per @VZWDeals Tweet is permissible.
2. Tweet Submission Requirements:
Tweet submissions shall not:
All entries become the sole property of Verizon ("Sponsor"), and receipt of such entries will not be acknowledged. Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by wireless phone, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Tweets submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes for any reason, and any Tweets so rejected will not be entered in the Sweepstakes.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same online entry account, you will be required to provide the name of the authorized subscriber of the online entry account at the time of entry and that person will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. In such case, online entry information will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the telephone number/email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or ID the Tweet submitted by the user, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes.
If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond reasonable control of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes), the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes, and select the prize winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law. At the Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sweepstakes winners and their guests may be disqualified at any time. Limit of one prize per person.
3. Selection of Winner and Prize: Prize winner will be selected in random drawing on or about August 26, 2013. Drawing pool will consist of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period only. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The winner will be notified by Tweet and direct messaged after the Entry Period ends via Twitter. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winner must respond to such notification within twenty-four (24) hours after the notification is sent or an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. The prize will be awarded to the entrant whose Twitter account was used to enter the Sweepstakes. Winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
One (1) winner will be awarded: One (1) Epiphone Guitar signed by Luke Bryan.
Winner will be Direct Messaged on Twitter and will be instructed to provide general contact information. General contact information shall be used for the sole purpose of verifying identity and delivery of prize.
The approximate retail value of each prize pack is three hundred dollars ($300.00).
Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable, and not redeemable for cash. Sponsor, in their discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value for any reason. If any of the available concert dates set forth in Section 3 above is cancelled, rescheduled, delayed or postponed, in whole or in part, Sponsor has no obligation to prize winner. If the concert tickets are unused, concert tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets. Terms and conditions of the concert tickets will apply.
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Verizon, Tribal Brands, Artist(s) record labels or management, or any of their respective parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and the immediate families (parent, siblings, children and spouse) and persons residing in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, anywhere outside of the U.S., and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
5. General: By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants to Sponsor the right to use entrant's name, likeness, image, voice, hometown, and biographical information in advertising, trade and promotion, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further notice, compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Prize winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, 1099 Tax Form, Publicity Consent, and Liability Release, where lawful, or prize may be forfeited.
If the potential prize winner is a minor in his or her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to execute the Affidavit acknowledging, confirming and consenting to the Eligibility and/Publicity/Liability/Travel Release. If parent or guardian is unavailable to execute this Affidavit, an alternate winner will be selected. All taxes and any other expenses on the receipt and use of prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Sweepstakes shall be construed only according to U.S laws. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of laws provision.
6. Indemnification: By entering, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify Verizon, Verizon Wireless, Tribal Brands, Artist(s), Artist’s record label(s) and Artist’s management(s), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described or now known or hereafter arising), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant's participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Sponsor is not responsible for printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials.
7. Rights in Submissions: By submitting a Tweet for this Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Tweet, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised. Each entrant authorizes the Sponsor, and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor, to utilize, for eternity and in any manner the Sponsor sees fit, and to make derivative works from such materials. Each entrant agrees that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Sponsor and shall be freely assignable by Sponsor, and that Sponsor and its assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to entrant. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the entrant’s decision to provide the entrant’s Twitter submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Sweepstakes, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Sponsor and entrant, does not place the Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements to the entrant’s video submission, and that only contracts, express or implied, between the Sponsor and entrant is as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms.
8. Winners’ List and Official Rules: Each entrant may request the names of winners and official rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 23, 2014, to: Luke Bryan Guitar Giveaway Sweepstakes Rules c/o Sweepstakes Department, Tribal Brands, 400 S. El Camino, Suite 850, San Mateo, CA 94402. VT residents may omit postage.
9. Sponsor: Verizon, One Verizon Way, Mail stop: VC31W-443, Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920.
Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and has not authorized or otherwise sanctioned or agreed to this Sweepstakes and/or the use of Twitter’s name and/or service for the purposes set forth herein.